STONE COUNTY QUORUM COURT REGULAR SESSION July 14, 2016
Stone County Quorum Court met in regular session at 7:00 p.m. in the Stone County Courtroom. Those answering roll-call were: Stan Townsend, Larry Gammill, Darlene Garman, Stan Morrison, Jim Qualls, Robert Turner, Tim Turner, Eddie Cowell, and Jim Nesbitt. Also in attendance was Josh Collums, Stone County Attorney. The meeting was opened with the pledge of allegiance to the flag and prayer.
Justice Gammill made a motion to approve the minutes as submitted by Clerk Angie Hudspeth-Wade. There was a second by Justice Nesbitt. There was a roll-call vote. Motion passed with all Justices voting “yea”.
Justice Gammill made a motion to approve the treasurer’s report as submitted by Stone County Treasurer Carla Stewart. There was a second by Justice Garman. There was a roll-call vote. Motion passed with all Justices voting “yea”.
Justice Townsend gave a mid-year overview of the Sanitation Department.
Judge Avey announced:
● The tourism committee will meet to discuss a feasibility study on a grant from Arkansas State Parks and Tourism.
● He and the personnel policy committee had been researching the possibility of putting dispatchers on 12-hour shifts. The personnel policy committee will meet to consider the proposed changes.
● Unemployment rates: May, 2016-4.7% and May, 2015-6.5%.
● Personnel Policy meeting to discuss codification of county ordinances will be July 26 at 2:30 p.m. at the Stone County Courthouse Law Library.
● Received a workman’s compensation refund check totaling $8,525.
Justice Qualls made a motion to adjourn. There was a second by Justice Tim Turner. Court adjourned at 7:49 p.m.
STONE COUNTY QUORUM COURT